Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Gollum scoot

As many of you have witnessed (at Trent's birthday party, the blog, etc) my little man loves to army crawl. He's quick and it works for him. Well, a few weeks ago he started this half crawl thing. I like to call it the Gollum scoot, because it reminds me of the way the Lord of the Rings character got around. Until recently he only did it if he had a very short distance to go (like one or two scoots away), but starting this past weekend it became his primary method for getting around. See the first5 seconds of the video below. He's been doing it for less than a week and now he seems to be transitioning, once again, to a full on knee crawl!! I honestly thought he'd be one of those kids who never do the "real" crawl - they just army crawl then walk - but once again I am wrong. It's so weird (in an adorable kind of way) to see, and hear, him crawl now.

(I apologize for the double audio. If you really want to you can scroll all the way down and "Stop" the playlist so you can hear this video, but that's not necessary. The purpose of the video is to show you the crawl. There isn't any "important" sound to it)




1 comment:

Nicole D said...

Great crawl! So Unique! Babies sure find a way. I was super excited when Noelle did the "standard crawl." She is a pro now and is getting quite speedy. Looking forward to seeing her walking....but not to the "I am independent and must walk allllll the time." I still like being able to scoop her up at will. :)