Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

approaching the big Utrasound

Anonymous asks: You are almost ready for your "big" ultrasound soon. Do you think that you will find out what you are having? It seems to be a tough call, and everyone says that they want the surprise of it all when the baby is born. what do you think you guys will do? I know from experience, that knowing was fun, and the true surprise was when labor began, and what the baby actually looked like when they were born!

Answer: You are correct - it is almost time for the big ultrasound. I am 15.5 weeks along and my dr told me I could go as soon as 16 weeks to get it done. I already have the script in my possession and everything, I just have to make an appointment and go. When I was pregnant with Trent they told me to go anytime between week 16 and week 20, but if I wanted to know the gender I should wait until closer to 20 weeks since the body parts would be more defined the further along I am. Made sense. This time around I don't know when we'll go for our ultrasound - we haven't talked about it much yet. But that's not the question - the question is will we find out the gender. No. We want to be surprised again. We're going to do another gender neutral nursery and we're going to buy another gender neutral "take home outfit"....that part of the experience isn't very fun, but we liked finding out that Trent was a boy the second he was born - so we're going to do it like that again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

kudos to you both for making the tough decision to wait until the baby is born to be surprised with the sex of the baby. In this world of instant gratification, it is admirable to choose as you did!

Nicole said...

Great patience! I am impressed. I may have been able to wait until birth for the 1st child, but definitely not for the second! You go! Do you have a preference?

barbie said...

I don't really have a preference. I would like to experience a girl but i'd be thrilled with another boy too, so...