Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

#58 - American Heart Association

Every year (except last year since I was due any-day) I excitedly get involved in the American Heart Association heart-walk in Philadelphia. The first time I got involved, I "just" made a donation and walked with our team/family. The following couple of years I decided to try and raise some money in addition to walking - and to be quite honest I was pretty successful. My friends and coworkers really stepped up and made generous donations. I'm hoping to be just as successful this year! If any of you want to make a donation, or even join our team and walk with us, please visit my page or Eileen's page (she's the one who spearheads this event for our family).

http://start.kintera.org/philly/woodland_o_rama

(I'm not sure who exactly reads this blog, but this is intended for those outside of the Woodland family. I know most of you (Woodlands) walk every year and make donations to Eileen! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you and appreciative!! Not pushing the issue- but, do you want Hearts to sell? I have red $1, silver$5, gold $10. You could do them at work- easy money. Let me know- I'll get them to you. Then just log the $ on your site. Just a suggestion. Thank you so much!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Barbie (& Kev),
Thanks for taking the initiative again for a great cause. Good Luck with your fundraising efforts! And, thank the folks at your work for all their support of our family's endeavor.
Gratefully,
Aunt Dor

barbie said...

I think im going to pass on the hearts. I don't want to pressure my coworkers any more than I already am :-)