my days of breastfeeding are quickly coming to an end. Pregnancy can cause ones milk to dry up and I'm pretty sure that's exactly whats happening to me right now. Last night it was as if I just couldn't fill Trent's belly on my own. I rarely feel like pumping, and when i do I get very little, so my freezer stash is dwindling down to nothing. I'm happy and sad to have this chapter of motherhood come to an end (for now, at least). We're going to purchase some formula soon and start weaning Trent into it. I think I'll have daycare give him one formula bottle and one breastmilk bottle everyday until I'm all out of breastmilk (which will probably be sooner than later), and I'll continue to nurse him in the morning and in the evenings. We'll see what happens. Maybe last night was a fluke.
Either way, we had a good run. 10 months is a long time. :-)
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
10 months is a really long time! Did your doctor tell you to stop breast feeding while pregnant? I know some doctor's go back and fourth but I know quite a few people who had to stop b/c the doctor was against breast feeding while preggo! Crazy!
I had a nurse tell me that the doctors might tell me to stop BFing while pregnant, but the doc hasnt said anything yet. When she told me that, i did some research and realized there is absolutely no reason to stop breastfeeding just because I am pregnant. I was actually amazed when the nurse told me that some dr are against BF while preg. They really need to be educated.
Most say that is is b/c your uterus contracts when you bf and that can cause problems for the new baby. It's wierd. Everyone has their own set of rules I guess!
right. I didn't plan to breastfeed much longer than a year anyway (maybe once or twice a day after a year, who knows), so ending at 10 months is alright with me.
who is this?
prob a good idea to give ur body a break b4 the nxt one comes along. bfing can send a preg. woman into early labor, that is why they tell you to stop, in the 2nd/3rd trimester.
congrats on such a long time! And woo whoo for getting your boobies back - for now anyway.
Post a Comment