Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

12 week dr appointment

I had my 12 week check up yesterday afternoon. They did the usual:
blood pressure: wonderful
weight: good
urine: good
ankles: not swoll
heartbeat: dum dum dum......it took her a couple minutes to find it, which got Kevin and myself nervous, but eventually she found it. 160 BPM.

She confirmed that my pap smear, culture, blood work, etc results were all very good. Then she talked a little about suppressing nausea and about the next ultrasound I will be getting. She had the nurses write me a script to get an ultrasound done sometime between 16-20 weeks.

I asked her to talk to me a little about the initial ultrasound I had done, since I forgot to ask about it 4 weeks ago at my last appointment. She told me that it's a single pregnancy (no twins), that the baby measured on scheduled, etc etc. Basically that everything looked as it should.

Here's that survey:
How far along: 12 weeks 4 days
Total weight gain: 2-3
How much does baby weigh: approx 49. oz (according to thebump)
Maternity clothes: not even close
Stretch marks: None
Sleep: ahhh sleep. I love it! It's so hard to wake up now that it's staying dark out longer!! I find myself waking in the middle of the night to pee often. sometimes several times in one night. With my first pregnancy this didn't happen until the 3rd trimester.
Best moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat yesterday for the first time
Movement: None yet.
Food cravings: carbs
Belly button in or out: Innie
What I miss: wine
What I'm looking forward to: telling my "extended friends" the big news
Milestone: hearing heartbeat

4 comments:

Lorraine Renee' said...

I am so excited!!!

Nicole said...

Great Start!

When are you going to tell everyone? Is anything holding you back now that you are past the first trimester? Is there anyone that you are not looking forward to telling?

barbie said...

good questions nicole. Im not really holding back at this point. I put the news on facebook just this morning. I was specifically waiting until we heard the heartbeat, etc. Im kind of dreading telling my co-workers. I told my bosses several weeks ago, but its the rest of 'em I don't want to tell. I'm expected some insensitive comments from a few people. I might just not tell them, haha. Maybe im just going into it with the wrong attitude. idk

Nicole said...

Thanks for answering the questions! :) Good luck at work!