1) do you work out during your pregnancy? With pregnancy #1, no. Shortly after I found out I was pregnant I canceled my gym membership (because of the pregnancy and also because we were moving and I wouldn't continue going to that gym anyway). I had morning sickness pretty bad for the first 4 months and never felt good enough to actually work out. Once I started feeling better, I was out of shape, therefore did not go back to working out. I regret not being more active.
With this pregnancy, not yet. I had a hard time getting back into a work-out routine after having my son. There just never seemed to be enough time to work out in between working full time and bonding with child. This continues to be the case. I really hope I will walk more and maybe do some yoga, or something, throughout this pregnancy. I know it will only benefit us! I would love to join a gym that offered aerobic classes on the weekends, but it just doesn't make sense financially to pay a monthly fee when I only go 8 times a month (that's assuming I go both days on the weekends). This is one of the million ways winning the lottery would come in handy.
2) have you made a decision on whether or not you will stay at your current job, work part time, or stay home completely? how does one come to making this decision? (i ask because my husband and i trying to figure out what i will do once we begin having children.) I have partly made a decision. No, i will not stay at home completely (financially impossible for us). Yes, I will stay at my current job. Whether I go part-time or continue to work full-time will depend on daycare costs. With the kids going to daycare full time I will have to work full time. If daycare has part-time openings when the time comes we will have to crunch some numbers. Currently I do not know what the part-time rate is at daycare. This is something we will look into more as the pregnancy progresses. I personally do not think I could be a full-time stay at home mom, even if my husband made enough to comfortably support us. I personally have a need to contribute financially, and I enjoy getting away and having adult interaction.
Then there's the daycare experience. While I do not love every aspect of daycare, I could not imagine taking Trent out of it all together. We feel that he is benefiting from it in so many ways.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'd walk with ya! We could meet up a couple of times a week and take the babes on stroller walks. I would love to get outdoors more before it gets too cold. Let me know!
Post a Comment