Daycare called me at 11:30 yesterday asking me to come pick up Trent because he threw up. I guess its protocol: if a child vomits they must be picked up. No biggie. I'll use any excuse to leave work! Since I don't have much vacation time left for the year, I was happy to be able to charge my time off yesterday as "sick time".
I picked Trent up and he was off and on fussy the whole way home (which is only 6-7 minutes). He had thrown up his entire bottle at daycare, so when we got home he was pretty hungry. I nursed him until he was content then I observed him with caution as he played. He was rolling around on his belly (something that I imagine would aggravate the belly if he were sick) and acting totally normal. An hour or so later I fed him some broccoli then he took a nap. When he woke up I took his temperature - on the lower end of 'normal' - then we took Maggie for a walk around the block. No vomiting the rest of the day.
When Kevin got home I hoped on the Internet and found out vomiting often goes hand-in-hand with teething. And guess what. Trent is cutting his first upper tooth.
I'm no doctor but I am convinced Trent was/is not sick - he's simply teething.
He's been a fairly healthy baby since birth. A couple runny noses here and there but nothing pediatrician-worthy.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow... usually a fever has to accompany that or it has to be more than a certain number of vomits (eww). Maybe b/c it's a home daycare she a little more strict. That sucks. But i'm glad he is well and you got to spend time with him!
Post a Comment