Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Busy Bees

Whoa - what a busy month.  Quite possibly the busiest month we've ever had.  In a great way!  I'm not complaining one bit.  September's been full of great fun, great family, and great friends! 

The month started with a 4 day holiday weekend with Dad!  Can't beat that.

The following days were filled with brand new activities.  First we did a program called Movers and Shakers - a class full of singing, dancing, and games that manages to incorporate the alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes, and so much more.  I, being a parent of 2 timid children, am unable to really take photos.

Wednesdays have been our art days!  We attend a cute little art class that's designed for 18-36 month olds.  It's a bit much for Claire, but Trent seems to enjoy it.  We are able to experiment with many different medias, textures, colors, etc. 


week 1
week 2.  Claire and Trent are the lower middle pictures

week 2

week 2

week 2

week 3, he loved when i put the mask on my own face


week 3

week 3

week 3

Wednesday nights are soccer nights!  We decided to sign Trent up for a 2-4 year old soccer program that is ridiculously adorable.  We practice once a week and have a game once a week.  All those teeny kids wearing over-sized soccer gear really is something special to see.  Trent has only had one soccer practice so far, but I already know it's going to be a great experience for him.  The one game he's had was a bit overwhelming for him, I think.  It wasn't until the last quarter that he showed any real initiative or understanding of what he was supposed to do.  I think overall it was a mixture of confusion and fun.  I'm looking forward to watching him grow with the season! 

before his first game!



The Kickers - Trent's team, minus one kid
 


Trent's cheerleader
 

team huddle

Another new experience for us is the story time that the Brandywine Zoo offers.  I believe they've been doing the story time for quite awhile, but last week was our first time in attendance.  Since the kids are both under the age of 3 there is no entrance fee for them, which makes it even more alluring.  Basically everyone gathers near the sea otters where one of the zookeepers reads a book then shows an animal that is somehow related to the story.  Afterwards the children do a craft that goes with the days theme.  I definitely plan to take the kids to more of these story times in the future!  While this event is usually outdoors, they will move it indoors on rainy days rather than cancel it all together. 



The second Monday of this month marked the return of Stroller Rollers at Bellevue State Park.  Stroller Rollers is a great outdoor nature-oriented activity for the kids, and we usually attend a couple each month until it gets too cold for our liking.  Trent has a special liking for the nice woman in charge. 

Pint Sized Planeteers at the Brandywine Zoo is also back.  We attended just yesterday, when the theme was Asia.  Every other Planeteers program will now incorporate Jitterbugs (Jitterbugs is a program we attended numerous times at the Bear library over the last 1-1.5 years).  I'm pretty much over Jitterbugs, so I don't think we'll attend those Planteer days, but we will definitely attend the program when Jitterbugs is not involved - the ones that are more like last years programs.  The big bonus about Planeteers is that the lady with the super annoying voice who led the program last year is no longer with Brandywine Zoo! 




doing yoga!

the boys were the only ones willing to pose with their craft

Today I helped make homemade applesauce from scratch :-)

We still have a week of September fun ahead of us, and it doesn't look like October is going to be any less busy!!!  I'm loving Fall.

No comments: