Jitterbugs Music and Movement is a type of storytime that I've taken the kids to many a Mondays. It takes place at the Bear library and consists of a book or two, bubbles, scarves, music sticks, shakers, dancing, singing, baby dolls/lovies, and a parachute. Claire enjoys storytime more each time we go, as she is becoming more aware, more mobile, and more interested in having a good time. I think Trent enjoys himself more each time as well. This last time in particular was especially entertaining (March 7, 2011). The instructor stuck to a frog theme, which Trent just loved. He's all about jumping like a frog and saying "ribbit"! We are fortunate to have discovered two totally different activities that occur every Monday at the same time (except for during the summer months). One is this indoor storytime and the other is an outdoor hike for toddlers at a local state park. When it's not snowing, raining, or bitterly cold, we like to do the hike, but it's so great to have storytime to fall back on when the weather is sub par.
 |
| both kids listening intently to the story being read! |
 |
| running around with his music shakers |
 |
| Claire played with her shakers too |
 |
| stomping on bubbles |
 |
| getting the bubbles off Claire's head |
 |
| ribbit |
 |
| ribbit |
 |
| ribbit |
 |
| ribbit |
 |
| Trent's been very interested in little babies lately. |
2 comments:
I take Matthew a lot to the Tuesdays through Thursday ones. He's become good buddies with one of the reader's (I wanna say Miss Susan or Ms. Rose? but I'm not sure) grandsons, Henry. I'm always disappointed I never see Trent or Jude, but then I realize that you guys usually go to the younger group things :-/
we've been informed more than once that our storytime is only for 12-24 month olds, so i'm interested in finding something structured for maybe 24-36 month. Where do you go? I saw that Bear has a Thursday event...is that the one you attend?
Post a Comment