Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Parks, Champagne, and Rivers, oh my!

June 25th.  Our 5 year wedding anniversary.  A Friday.

I started the day by meeting a dear friend at Lum's Pond State Park.  We played at the playgrounds and ate lunch in the shade. 

Later that day, Kevin came home from work with a vase of 5 red roses for me!!  He's a doll.

He quickly left the house to take Trent to his very first trip to the movie theater. Toys Story 3!  Unfortunately, Trent had little interest in the big screen.  After watching only 15-ish minutes of the movie, they left.

That night, Kevin and I went to the Hilton for a very very nice dinner.  We even split a bottle of champagne to celebrate our milestone together.   If you remember, the Hilton is where we had our wedding reception.
After dinner we drove down to the riverfront and took a little stroll along the water. 

Last year we celebrated our anniversary in OBX by doing dinner then a stroll along the beach.  Kevin said he enjoyed doing that so much last year that it gave him the idea to hit the riverfront this year. 

It's been a wonderful 5 years, and I'm looking forward to what the next 5 have in store for us. 

We made a pact that for our 10th wedding anniversary we are going to do a cruise on the same ship, and in the same room, that we got engaged on.  We will go wherever that ship happens to be going the week of our anniversary in 2015.  Let the planning begin (I'm kidding, hehe).

1 comment:

Aunt i said...

You are such a neat couple!! And it looks like you have been doing some very cool thinkgs this summer! I have to get down there and see those two little monkeys!!