Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

trading one full time job for another

Alicia asks:  Do you think you get more done now that you're home with the two of them than you did while you were at work, or do you think it's about the same (or less even)?


Answer:  Are you asking if I am able to get more done around the house now that I'm not working?  I'll assume yes.  Answer:  Yes.  Unfortunately the house is in a constant state of messiness now that Trent is playing with his toys all day long rather than just in the evening - and we have more dirty dishes now - but I am definitely able to get more done now compared to when I worked outside of the home.  I usually designate a short period of time mid-morning to clean something, then at nap time I will spend more time cleaning (unless I choose to nap as well).  Basically, I now have more opportunity to get stuff done if I so choose.  When I worked out of the home, the only opportunity I really had to get stuff done was on the weekends when I didn't have plans and when I actually felt like cleaning (which wasn't often). 
 
I also like being able to run errands during the day when stores and roads are less crowded (when compared to weekends, which is when I used to run majority of my errands). 
Of course I have to be in the right mindset to run errands with the 2 little ones.....the other day I took them to Babies R Us so I could run inside and return something, then we went to Lowes to return something, then we went to Pathmark to grab half a dozen items.  It took more time to get them in and out of the car than the amount of time I spent in each store.  Most days I would have said it's more hassle than what its worth, but other days I am feeling productive and want to get that little stuff taken care of. 

No comments: