Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Adjusting Trent

Alicia Asks: How is Trent adjusting to being home all day with mommy?

Answer:  I wish I could just ask him how he's adjusting and if he prefers daycare over being home with me all  day - and why.  Unfortunately, if I asked him I wouldn't get an answer - I'd get a squeal or a grunt at most.
During the day he's generally happy and playing - if that's a sign of how he's adjusting then I'd say he's doing fine.  This is the first Spring he gets to experience as a mobile and more independent child, so it works to my advantage that he gets to play outside daily with mommy.  I think if I pulled him out of daycare when it was just starting to be too cold to outside and play, it would have been a tougher adjustment.  I think he would then associate daycare with warm weather and outdoor fun, and associate mommy with being cooped up indoors all day.  But what do I know - I could be wrong about all that. 

Overall I think he adjusted to everything (change in daily routine, new sibling, mom-overload) like a champ.
I have to assume he does miss his buddies at daycare though :-(

No comments: