Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

36 week appointment

I don't like calling it my 36 week appointment since I am almost 37 weeks pregnant, but whatever.  In the end it really doesn't matter one way or the other.  The appointment itself went really well.  The office wasn't busy so the wait wasn't long.  Now that Kevin isn't working Friday's he was able to join me.  My weight and blood pressure all looked good.  I'm measuring right between 36 and 37, which is perfect.  The baby's heartbeat was great.  He could tell that the baby's head was very low.  I'm Group B Strep positive again, which is no biggie - just need some penicillin.  He also informed me that he will give me my first internal exam next Friday if I want it.  I do. 

How far along: 36 weeks 5 days
Total weight gain: 27 pounds
How much does baby weigh: 5.5-6.5 lbs give or take
Maternity clothes: all maternity clothes except for hoodies and PJ's
Stretch marks: I've been very lucky
Sleep: let's see.  I usually have a hard time falling asleep because my mind is going crazy thinking about the baby and labor.  I have always tossed and turned in my sleep quite a bit, but now it's harder to do because of the belly, so I wake up often trying to get comfortable.  I get up 2-4 times a night to pee.  Sometimes I have a hard time falling back asleep after I pee.  Other than that, fatigue is back and I'm tired most of the day.  But I'm not complaining, I swear, lol
Best moment this week: finally having my doctor's appointment.  For some reason I have been anxiously awaiting this appointment - more so than any other.
Movement: VERY active baby.  It's becoming obvious that he/she's running out of space in there because the jabs and kicks are more noticeable than ever.
Food cravings: if anything - orange juice.  I guess the baby needs some extra vitamin C
Belly button in or out: oh it's out - and Trent likes pushing it.
What I miss: being able to put my socks on while standing up.
what I'm looking forward to: packing away all my work maternity clothes!!!!  And throwing away those black shoes, lol.
Milestone: My doctors consider me to be full term.  Once mom hits the 36 week mark they would not try to stop labor if it started.  That's pretty darn huge. 
 
Other: The kit for my cord blood arrived last week!

I'll see if I can't get a good belly shot soon.

1 comment:

Michelle Frieze said...

lol... At my 33 week ultrasound Weds they said my "little one" weighs 5lbs 3oz... 3 almost four weeks ahead of me and your child weighs about the same! lol I think this is going to be my big baby! =)