Wednesday, January 20, 2010
an odd favorite
For about week and a half after Trent's stomach bug he had very little desire to eat. It made me sad to see him leave waffle on his tray - a food I know he loves. Dinnertime was basically a waste of time. Things have since picked up and are now back to normal. We continue to give him whatever we happen to be eating (which keeps us eating good, homemade meals, so that's great) and lately he has been going back for seconds. Stuffed peppers, chicken shells, you name it. Well, 2 nights ago I made sweet potato turkey meatloaf (along with mac n cheese and mixed vegetables) and Trent TORE IT UP. He left behind some of the veggies but he couldn't get enough meatloaf. Last night we gave him leftovers of same meal and once again he ate every bite and then some. Meanwhile Kevin and I are in the corner chanting "Meat-losse, meat-loaf, double beat-loaf...I HATE meatloaf." (we're setting a great example, aren't we?). I'm so proud to not have a picky eater (am I jinxing myself by saying that outloud?). Don't get me wrong, I am all for grilled cheese, hot dogs, and mac n cheese, but I couldn't imagine feeding my kid only those three dishes. Not only that, it's easier to just give him what we're eating instead of cooking an "adult meal" and a "kid meal". We'll see how baby #2 turns out. My luck he/she will be like me - picky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment