Aside from being anemic, everything looked great. The baby was very active when she was checking my belly. The heartbeat was constantly changing but on average it was about 150bpm. I'm measuring right on schedule @ 31cm. The baby was transverse (or, lying sideways across my stomach). Head to my left. Feet to my right. Completely normal for 30 weeks. She said by 35 weeks the baby will probably decide if it's going to be head-down or breech and stay that way (although the baby couldnt always change its mind either way).
She went into more detail about the pubic pain I was experiencing last week, which I found very helpful. I also got to ask her a few of the questions I had concerning Group B Strep and it's effects on my ability to move around and labor in the tub when the time comes. I wasn't going to get into the details of Group B Strep (or GBS) but here's a quick breakdown. If you test positive for GBP your doctor will want to administer penicillin after you check into the hospital but before you give birth. I was GBS positive with Trent and they put the penicillin right into my IV. I was afraid the IV would make it impossible for me to labor in the tub or walk around freely, but she assured me that there are other ways of administering the penicillin and that I will be more than welcome to walk around or labor in the tub (assuming everything else is fine, of course).
How far along: 30 weeks 4 days (picture is from yesterday)
Total weight gain: 22 pounds
How much does baby weigh: approx 3 pounds
Maternity clothes: still 90% maternity, 10% non maternity
Stretch marks: somedays it looks like i have new marks all across my back, other days they are gone.
Sleep: great. i usually get up to pee once a night
Best moment this week: straightened up the nursery and made it look fairly presentable
Movement: i feel alot of body parts these days. an elbow poking out here, a knee there. of course I never know which body part it is exactly. Like clockwork at 8pm the baby practices it's breakdancing skills.
Food cravings: nothing in particular
Belly button in or out: its pretty much flush right now, but after i eat a big meal it sticks out some
What I miss: being able to lay on my back comfortably
what I'm looking forward to: working on the nursery more this weekend
Milestone: I think passing my glucose test counts
Here is some additional information on what the fetus is up to - from babycenter.com
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

1 comment:
you mentioned birthing in the tub. are you planning on trying to have a natural childbirth? and did you have a natural childbirth with your first? also what hospital do you plan to go to?
Post a Comment