Alicia Asks: How did breaking the news about BBJ at work go?
Answer: As far as I could tell, it went well. I told my head boss early on so that he knew why I was missing time from work. I told him via email and he responded that his lips were sealed. We didn't really discuss it. My immediate boss was very happy for me/us! These gentlemen have 5 and 4 kids of their own (respectively), so they have a family mindset in addition to the business mindset. The rest of my coworkers....well, most of them said the standard "congrats".
How my bosses really feel is anyone's guess. What they talk about (concerning my pregnancy) behind closed doors is unknown to me.
In January I plan to sit down and talk to my big boss about maternity leave. With the poor economy and with me taking two maternity leaves so close together they may or may not treat this maternity leave the same way they treated the last one (as far as pay and holding my position). I can only hope they will keep everything exactly the same.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment