Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

first halloween activity

This Saturday will be Trent's first Halloween!!!

As most of you know, I've been working on my Halloween costume for a while now, so it won't come as a surprise when I tell you (again?) that I bought Trent's costume a while ago! It's been hanging in his closet just asking to be worn. Yesterday it got it's wish. Every year the city of Newark has a parade on Main Street, followed by trick-or-treating at the stores on Main Street. This is something Newark has been doing for as long as I can remember (I can remember trick-or-treating down main street when I was younger). Kevin and I live close enough that we can walk to and from the events on Main Street if it's a nice enough day, and yesterday was! We put Trent in his costume and got to Main Street just in time for the start of the parade. It was cute. It's basically a bunch of Newark groups (dance teams, girl scouts, veterans, politicians, clubs, etc) that dress up and promote their cause/team/company. They always throw in a few of the local school bands as well. I always get a kick out of seeing the costumes. Poor Trent was pretty tired so he ended up napping in Kevin's arms (which, i should add, is where Trent was during the entire walk TO the parade, and during the entire parade. The stroller was basically a place for us to put the diaper bag) for more than half of the parade. He even slept through the drum and symbols that loudly passed by. After the parade, we met up with Kev's parents (and we said hello to a few friends) then walked back to the neighborhood. Since Trent can't walk or eat candy we didn't see the point in trick-or-treating.

He hated the headpiece at first (which we expected. Anytime we put a hat on his head he immediately rips it off) but he got used to it in less than a minute and left it alone. Maybe he was too tired to fight it? I don't know. Poor kid.








possibly my favorite

It was a perfect fall day for a nice walk and parade!!




1 comment:

aunt karen said...

unceplOMG he is so cute, i love his costume. I cant wait to see yours!!