has it only been 2 weeks? It feels like it's been so much longer.
Nicole asks: How is it going? How has Trent taken the end of nursing? Does he still "ask" for it or has it forgotten about it and moved on? If he does still want to nurse, how do you say no? Is that hard for you?
Answer: Trent seemed to take the end of nursing really well! He doesn't seem to miss it at all. Occasionally he will bury his head in my bosom, but I'm honestly not sure if that's because he remembers the good ole days, or if it's just because he's tired/feeling shy/whatever the case may be. When he does this, it doesn't last more than a second or two - which leads me to believe it has nothing to do with breast feeding.
For me, the transition to 100% bottle went smoothly, both physically and emotionally. Had I stopped cold turkey I think I would be singing a different tune, but since I gradually transitioned him it was very easy for me. Sometimes I miss the convenience of it, but for the most part I am glad that chapter is closed.
Thanks for asking!
Something I haven't talked much about (semi-related to this subject) is the transition from formula to cows milk. Most doctors tell parents to wait until 12 months to put children on cows milk because formula/BM has added nutrients, etc. Well, it's becoming more and more common for physicians to start transitioning babies to cows milk around the 11 month mark. Our DR told us we could start around the 11 month mark - so around 11.5 months we started adding 1 oz of cows milk to his formula each day. He did really well with this. Not only did he accept the new taste, he also accepted the new temperature. We went from giving him warm formula to giving him refrigerated cows milk. What a relief to not have to use the bottle warmer. Trent's tummy also took the transition well. We didn't notice any problems in that department.
What we're working on right this moment is getting Trent to drink out of a sippy cup (he never took to the sippy), and getting him to drink water. We recently purchased a sippy cup that has a silicone spout thing. I guess since it is more like a rubber nipple he's more accepting of it. Really, it's pretty hit or miss when we give it to him. I think we were "supposed" to offer him a sippy cup often than we actually have, but it was just never a big deal to us. He'll get it when he gets it, I guess.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment