Nicole asks: There are always lots of questions about if you are going to do the same thing with baby #2 or not. Do you ever worry about making sure things are "fair" with both children?
Answer: I feel the most pressure (from myself) to keep things "fair" in the breast feeding department. I feel like I HAVE to breast feed Baby #2 for at least as long as I did Trent. On the surface it appears that this shouldn't be a problem. Right now I am looking forward to nursing the new baby and the thought of nursing for a year +/- doesn't bother me at all. But when it becomes a reality...
I also feel like, to be fair, the new baby deserves it's own room without any of Trent's hand-me-down furniture (if it's a boy, he WILL be using as many of Trent's hand-me-downs as possible, just not his furniture). Which is why I'm not moving Trent into a "big boy" room and giving the new baby Trent's old gender neutral room. In my eyes that's just not fair to #2.
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to take as much maternity leave with #2 as I did with Trent. Unfair to #2 - but there's very little I can do about that one.
I am a little concerned that Trent will feel neglected when I have to tend to the baby and I can't play, etc. with him - but that's only a small concern for me right now. I think in the end everything will work itself out. I know it's going to take some time for all of us to find our groove, and it's going to take a lot of team work between me and Kevin, but I think we will be fine.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have those same fears (for the future)... I see how 'neglected' Buddy is... I can only imagine how hard it will be to give equal attention to two little guys who HAVE to have it...
Post a Comment