Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

nursery #2

Michelle asks: Do you have any ideas for your new nursery? Are you buying all new furniture?

Answer: Yes, we plan to buy all new furniture for Baby #2. Trent's crib is "convertible", so it will stay with him until he moves out of our house. We plan to buy a convertable crib for #2 as well. I found a crib with matching beaurea and changing table (the changing table converts into a night stand for when the kid is older) that I really like. Of course it's the most expensive stuff out there - but it's often on sale, so that helps.

Here are scattered details about the future nursery. We don't know much yet. We DO know that BBJ will be getting it's own room. Trent is going to stay in his current room with all his giraffe decor, and BBJ will go in the spare bedroom and get a whole new room just for him/her. Bedding: I found one neutral theme we like at BRU, but I'm not in a huge rush to make a final decision just yet. I need to look around some more, and we need to decide for sure if we're going to find out the gender or not. I decided that I'm not going to buy a classic bedding set this time around - I'm just going to buy a bed skirt and some sheets, then create a theme for the room some other way (wall hangings, etc). Paint color: The set I mentioned has a nice burnt orange color in it, so I thought it would be cute to paint the walls burnt orange, but that would totally clash with our orange duck bathroom across the hall. We already agreed we will not paint the walls green since we already have a couple green rooms. The furniture set I mentioned above is a nice dark wood finish.

so basically the nursery is totally up in the air right now. We've been doing work in our living/dining room lately, so once that's finished our focus will turn towards the nursery and I'll have more updates.

No comments: