Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

it has started

everyone says "they get big so fast" - well I'll be damned if that isn't the truth. Trent's been out of the newborn-sized onsies for a couple weeks now and just a few days ago we started putting him in size 1 diapers (as opposed to the size "newborn" he's been in since birth). Size 1 looks to be a little big but they aren't leaking or anything so we're good. In two days Trent will be 4 weeks old. FOUR WEEKS ALREADY!!! It feels like we were in the hospital having him just days ago. Each day goes by so quickly. The fact that it gets dark out at like 4pm and my random nap(s) during the day certainly help make my days seem shorter. I have a little less than 3 months left of maternity leave and I'm already dreading going back to work. I love being home with Trent all day long - when I go back to work we won't have much time to be awake together. It makes me feel bad for Kevin - he only got 1 week off work.

Yesterday we took Trent out to a tree farm to pick out a Christmas tree. It was absolutely freezing cold outside but we bundled him up really good. He slept the entire time we were out. Here's a picture of Kevin pushing the "all terrain" (yeah right) stroller through the tree lot. The face he's making says DANG ITS COLD OUT HERE


Here we are standing next to the tree we decided on





















and this is obviously our little family in front of our decorated tree a few hours later



Right now we're sitting around watching the newest Hulk movie. Well, Kevin is the only one really watching it. Maggie and Trent are napping and I'm blogging. We have a bunch of fun events going on this month so I will be blogging more often. These last few weeks haven't been very blog worthy. We barely left the house and everyday has been very repetitive for me (in a good way of course): nurse, change diaper, nurse, nap, nurse, diaper, nurse, diaper, nurse, diaper, shower (if i get around to it), eat (if i remember), nurse, diaper, sleep, nurse, repeat **slightly exaggerated**

stay tuned

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG I give you so much credit for
trekking out to get a tree and taking TM with you I remember saying "PICK out a nice tree for us"....It is a beautiful tree and there is one bare spot on the right just above TM's left pinkie...lol