Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

better & adventures

the doc called yesterday to tell us that Trent's biliruben level dropped once again, which is great! She said we could discontinue the use of the blanket but she wanted Trent to go to the lab today to get one last blood test done. That meant I would be venturing out of the house for the firs time with just Trent and of all things I woke with this morning and it was snowing! Luckily we didnt have a set time to be at the lab, we just had to be there sometime in the morning. We took our time getting ready and headed out. The drive and everything went just fine; the roads werent slippery at all and the snow was tapering off. The blood work consists of the technician pricking Trent's heel and collecting his blood in a little vile. Trent took todays prick like a champ, he barely flinched! I was so proud. Afterwards we stopped by to see daddy. Kevin works in the same lot as the lab so it seemed silly to go home without stopping by first. Kevin was able to show off his new son to a few of his coworkers but because of the cold weather all they got to see was Trents face. I had his body and head all bundled up. Afterwards I decided to swing by my moms work to surprise her with a little visit but she didnt answer her phone so we didnt get to see her.

Now im sitting here with Trent sleeping in my arm and I got the call from the doctor with todays blood work results. The biliruben level dropped once again and Trent is in the clear. What a weight off my shoulders!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaundice is a funny thing! Aubrey had it, but she didn't need the blanket. We almost did but the doctor wasn't to concerned. I was so blind to the fact that she had Jaundice, so when she was born I just thought she had a really nice tan! Duh!!! I'm glad everything is okay!

Anonymous said...

sounds like everything is going well- aside from whatever exhaustion i'm sure you two are experiencing. i'm excited to see some more pictures!
Meghan

Alicia Kennedy said...

YEA Trent!