Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

guinness

When I was told that I could participate in a Guinness Book of World Records event, I thought:  cool.  The record we were trying to set/break is: The Great Cloth Diaper Change (the most cloth diapers changed at a set time).  There were locations all over the world (though overwelmingly in the USA) where people who pre-registered could go to participate.  Coincidentally I didn't have to travel more than 3 minutes to get to a location.  The event place on April 23rd.  Only one child per adult, so I left Trent home with Kevin (he's not in diapers anyway) and I took Claire.  Everyone arrived a good 45 minutes early, but there were vendors there selling baby related items and I had some friends there to chat with to kill time. 

The rules were simple, the baby had to be changed into a reusable diaper.

Once the time arrived everyone got set up on the floor.  They took a "before" picture.  The Guinness official counted us down.  We had a few minutes (more than enough time) to change the children.  Then before putting bottoms on the kids they took an "after" picture of all the babies in they cloth diaper.  Afterward, there were several give-away drawings and we all got a certificate and a goody bag. 

Overall it was a very cool event to participate in!

I don't have many pictures yet, but here's me and Claire before the big change.

No comments: