Something I've been wanting to do to our house since we moved into this house was put trim around our windows and get new blinds. Both of which are items I put on my 101 list. The blinds that came with the house were crappy, dirty, broken, un-matching, ugly mini-blinds. Since I couldn't decide on curtains for the living room (or whether I wanted them at all) I just left the windows as bare as they were the day we moved in. I hated the way the windows made the living/dining room look but I preferred the unfinished look to settling for something I didn't like. FINALLY, 2 and 1/2 years later, we started Project Windows. I picked out the trim I wanted, I painted it, I measured the windows, I made 90% of the cuts, Kevin nailed them in, and we both gave the trim additional coats of paint. Since the trim was wider than the existing window sills, we got all new window sills. Kevin took care of those. Once we were totally done painting I got some faux wood blinds custom cut for our windows. I believe our new windows have totally transformed our living room, and I love them!
 |
| before |
 |
| before |
 |
| after |
 |
| after |
No comments:
Post a Comment