Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

CD'ing two

Julie asks: now that its been several months of cloth diapering two kids, are you still happy with your choice to switch to cloth? and what would you say have been the biggest pro's and con's for you?

Answer:  more times than not, yes, I am still happy I switched to cloth diapers.  There are some days when I don't want to touch them, but for the most part I'm very happy.  We still keep a supply of disposables in the house for when Trent gets a bad diaper rash.  You see, your standard diaper rash cream can not be used on cloth diapers, and the cloth-diaper-safe rash cream isn't strong enough to cure Trent's rashes, so when we use diaper rash cream we use disposables until the rash has cleared up. 

We also use disposables when we are upstairs in our house.  I keep our cloth diapers on the main floor of our house and the disposables are kept in Trent's room upstairs, so if Kevin or I are upstairs and Trent poops we will throw a disposable on him rather than run downstairs, etc.  Convenience. 

But back to the question.  I would say the rash issue is the biggest con.  Trent gets rashes in disposables and cloth diapers, but they are worse with cloth diapers. 

The biggest pro is the amount of money we're saving.  I hate that I spend money on special detergent for the diapers, but in the end it's nothing compared to the cost of disposables.

No comments: