The first Friday of every month is free-admission day for the Delaware History Museum in Wilmington. On August 6th I decided to take the kids for a free day of fun. I don't remember ever being there before, so I didn't know what to expect - but I did know that the museum offered a separate area for young kids to play....a place they call Grandma's Attic (which was the main reason we went to the museum). Unfortunately, Grandma's attic was closed the day we went - go figure. Since we were there, we went ahead and walked around. In the front of the museum there was a very large exhibit on the history of the Delaware railroad. Mostly it was stuff we weren't allowed to touch or play with, but they did have some hands-on areas. There was a wooden train set set up for kids to play with - Trent loved it. 



There were some great photos opps too
We didn't spend too much time at the museum, partly because Trent's attention span only goes so far, and also because my meter was running out (I didn't realize there were meters at the parking spaces, and I only had so much change). In keeping with the train theme, they had a bucket of complimentary train whistles for the kids (cheap, plastic, but they work). Trent just loved/s his. I'd definitely like to go back again sometime (with more change for the meter) to do Grandma's Attic.


No comments:
Post a Comment