Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Carnival

On June 10th we took Trent and Claire to their first carnival.  Kevin and I competed in that game where you roll balls into different holes and depending on which hole you get, your horse will advance - first horse to the left side wins.  Unfortunately Kevin and I were the only two competing, but I was able to win Trent a "black and white pig", also known as a COW.  Sometimes you'd think I was a blond. 
We went ahead and bought tickets so that Trent could get on a few rides, even though we weren't sure how he'd them.  We knew we couldn't go wrong with the giant slide since, in general, Trent loves slides.  Kevin went down with him the first time.
Next, we put Trent on a ride all by himself.  Technically, he was too short to go on alone but the ride conductors (or whatever they're called) was approximately 15 years old and didn't seem to take her job all too seriously.  Trent just loved it!  I thought he'd cry seconds into it but I couldn't have been more wrong.  He steered both wheels and had a good time
Cant go wrong with the carousel
 
Trent's first PONY RIDE!  Actually, we thought he'd be more excited about it than he was.  He's quite the animal lover but was very "whatever" about this experience. 
Super Dad

We just had to do the giant slide again.  This time I took him up....then down.  Of course I enjoyed the slide as well.  I also took Trent inside a mirror fun house.  There were times I honestly didn't think we would make it out.  My plan was to follow the family in front of us (let them look like idiots walking into mirrors, not us), but those suckers were speedy.   There one second, gone the next.  Trent and I were left to figure it out alone.  I actually carried Trent because I didn't want him to hurt himself. 
 

No comments: