Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Trent's shadow box

I mentioned this shadow box in a previous post - I worked on it during our monthly "girls night out".  It contains a baby picture of Trent, his bracelet from the hospital, my 2 hospital bracelets, the hat he wore in the hospital, the it's-a-boy cigars we handed out after he was born, and the candle from his baptism.  I definitely plan to make a similar box for the next baby. 

4 comments:

Lorraine Renee' said...

I love that idea. I just have Braxton's stuff in a box. I think I may do this for my babies now. Thanks for the idea. Did you just get the supplies from a craft store?

barbie said...

yup, I got the frame from AC Moore and I used some scrapbook paper I already had. Oh, and I also got some craft clue from ACM to hold the heavier things in place. I "stole" the idea from a friend of mine - I think it's such a great way to display those precious mementos

Lorraine Renee' said...

So I totally went to Joann Fabric and bought 2 shadow boxes today :o) They were both 1/2 price. Thanks so much for sharing and giving me the idea. I will post pics when I get them done. Which will probably be awhile since I need some more supplies and I am doing each baby separate so they both have their own personalities.

Katy said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!