Welp, I talked to my big boss earlier this week and warned him that I plan to take five months off work for maternity leave!! I haven't mention this on my blog (or to anyone other than Kevin and one friend) for 2 reasons. One, I didn't want to risk word spreading and my coworkers learning of my intentions before I had to chance to talk to my boss. And two, I didn't wan to jinx myself - which I obviously could be doing right this instant.
If I end up having the baby early my plans will change - maternity leave will be cut short - but as of right now the plan is for me to have the baby right on schedule and take 5 months off work!!
The boss seemed to take the new fine. I think I took him by surprise if nothing else. I opened our conversation with "I want to give you as much notice as possible...". He probably thought I was going to say I wouldn't be returning to work after I have the baby. But who knows. Our company is slow right now so my being gone might be a good thing for them.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
yea! all so exciting!
thats awesome!
Good news! Now you can have the summer off with the kids. Will Trent be home with you, or in daycare? Not too much longer now!
Post a Comment