Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

my toofers

well, I already told you how Monday night went as far as my teeth/mouth. Yesterday was an alright day - nothing a little tylenol didn't fix. Today I woke up feeling great (mouth-wise) and I immediately wanted to cancel my root canal - but of course the Dentist scared me enough on Monday so that I wouldn't cancel. He informed me that if my pain is in fact coming from the tooth he is going to root canal, then chances are the pain i feel right this second is because the pulp in that tooth is dying. Once all the pulp is dead I will no longer be in pain. That is, until the infection starts. Then the pain will be even worse. Aside from pain, if I let the tooth get infected I would have to go on antibiotics, which are worse for the fetus than the pain killers he recently prescribed me. So, for fear of infection and more pain, I decided to definitely go thru with the root canal now rather than later. My mouth actually started hurting again about half an hour ago, so what other choice do I have?!?! I just wish I didn't hate the dentist as much as I do. It's not so much the actually "root canal" that freaks me out - I've had one or two in the past so i know they aren't as bad as everyone says - it's just the feelings and noises and tools and tastes that really bother me. I'm trying my hardest to remain cool and calm. I know that the procedure will be over before I know it and I will hopefully feel 100% again.

1 comment:

Alicia Kennedy said...

what a nightmare... :(

I hope the root canal works!