Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

baby steps

With the mention of being a ring bearer in the near future, Trent finally said, "I guess I have to stop procrastinating and show these people what I'm really made of" (his words, not mine). He decided to start taking his first steps last night!!!!!! His very first attempt to let go and walk to something should come as no surprise. He was....drum roll please....trying to get to Maggie! He didn't even get a full step in before tumbling to the ground, but at least he took that first courage step of letting go without sitting down first. Later in the evening Kevin and I sat facing each other and we did the "now walk to mommy. now walk to daddy. now walk to mommy" thing. He got several good steps in unassisted and we were so proud! It was a great night!

2 comments:

Michelle Frieze said...

Yay!!!! I wanted to let you know we have a size 1 tux, you can have. Drew wore it in Scott's brothers wedding. They had to take in and up the pants but you can get the darts taken out and they can let the pants down a bit. If you want to try it you are more then welcome to. It was $50 and of course we could only use it once. Just let me know either way.

Anonymous said...

Maybe he will be walking for Christmas! Those first few steps are scary-- bc they fall flat on their faces! I think he is just waiting to walk, so that aunt lauren can see him take his first steps! Lol. Once they are walking-- its a whole new world :)