Alicia Asks: Trent was so young for the holidays last year and I'm sure you were just settling in as parents really, so what do you hope to do differently this year as far as the holidays (Christmas, thanksgiving, new years)? Traditions you hope to start? Traditions you plan to bring from your families, etc? Do you expect (anticipate) families coming to you? you going to family? etc?
Answers: This year will be similar to last year, I think. As of right now the plan is to try to spend time with both sets of (Trent's) grandparents on Thanksgiving day.
Christmas Eve is kind of up in the air right now. My parents have a tradition where we all get together on Christmas eve, so I can only assume we'll do it again this year. As far as mass or seeing my in-laws - it hasn't been discussed yet.
Christmas Day will once again consist of us spending time with each set of grandparents at some point during the day.
Really though, it's too soon to say exactly what our plans are.
A tradition we (Kevin, Trent and I) started last year and hope to continue is picking out a live Christmas tree as a family. That's probably the only tradition we started last year.
I think Kevin and/or I have made a nice breakfasts for ourselves the past few years on Christmas morning - that's something I would like for us to continue doing. Especially now that Trent eats big people foods.
We've never had any New Years Eve traditions. Sure, sometimes I'd bang pots and pans at midnight, or watch the ball drop on television, but other times I would be fast asleep. This year we will be in California. Hopefully asleep.
I really hope to start making more family traditions over the years. It's the traditions that make the holidays special and I'm very excited to see what develops.
Friday, November 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment