Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

sweet. potato.

I know I've mentioned this website quite a few times, and I've posted similar pictures and descriptions, but I just wanted to take a minute to explain in further detail. Thebump.com is a website for women who are trying to conceive, women who are expecting, and for mom's. One of the features on the website is a chart that basically compares your fetus' size to a fruit or vegetable. Under the picture of the fruit or veggie is a short description of some of the milestones your fetus is reaching, and some of the cool things it's doing. Kevin and I really enjoy finding out "which fruit are we this week", and finding out what it's doing. It's incredibly amazing how quickly a fetus begins developing different features and organs. To view the whole chart, click here.

I guess I shouldn't really surprised that this pregnancy is going by very quickly for us - but sometimes I just can't believe I'm already 18 weeks and 1 day along! With the holidays coming up I'm sure this pregnancy will only go by quicker.

Here's what thebump.com says about 18 week fetuses

"Your fetus has become amazingly mobile (at least compared to you), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, baby's finally big enough that you'll be able to feel those movements soon. "

3 comments:

Michelle Frieze said...

I love the chart. It's saved to my favorites so I can check it wekly. It makes it easier to imagine what size you baby really is.

Anonymous said...

that is a really ugly sweet potato. Could they not find a cuter potato pic?

barbie said...

good question! The one that i question most is the banana. i mean, come on...