Things I'll do differently:
- I'll eat less junk during pregnancy
- I'll eat more fruits & veggies during pregnancy
- I'll exercise more/be more active during pregnancy
- When I was pushing Trent out, Kevin offered to take a picture of Trent's head so I could see, but I said no. If I have the chance next time I will say yes, or ask for a mirror.
- I might switch bottles. There's nothing wrong with the bottles we use now, there are just sooo many stinkin parts to wash.
- I might get professional newborn photos done. I didn't do this with Trent and I kinda wish I had.
- I think I'll get a different diaper bag - one of those messenger style bags or back-pack style. I think that style will be much easier to carry (though having a thick strap across the breast is not the most flattering look, hmmm)
- I'll take better care of my teeth this time. It's a known fact that pregnancy can do a number on one's teeth. With Trent I got my regular 6-months cleanings, and I brushed my teeth everyday, but it just wasn't enough. I still ended up with several cavities! This time around I am making a conscious effort to brush my teeth twice a day, floss regularly, and use mouthwash containing fluoride. Yes, I know I should have been doing that all my life, but I'm gross and only brush once a day. don't judge me.
- I hope to "babywear" this time around. I wore Trent from time to time but it hurt my back. This time I'm going to try a few different style carriers and find one that is right for me. It will be alot easier to get things done if I'm wearing #2.
- I will schedule all my monthly doctor appointments late enough in the day so that Kevin has the option to come along if he wants.
- I will deliver at Saint Francis again. I always envisioned myself birthing babies at Christiana Hospital (probably because it's the only hospital I've ever known) but when I got pregnant with Trent, my Dr informed me that they are associated with St. Francis...so I went with it. For the longest time I always said I will switch to Christiana for any future kids - Christiana is so shiny and big and modern and pretty. St. Francis is so old and ugly and small - But you know what, St. Francis worked for us. We're going with the ole "if it aint broke dont fix it" motto. We had a good experience at St. Francis and see no real reason to switch. Actually, the only reason I could come up with, other than Christiana is so much prettier, was that Christiana is closer - but really, its not THAT much closer.
- I'm sure I will again offer - but not force - the pacifier. I don't like the idea of a pacifier but im also not so anti-pacifier that I won't offer it at all.
- I will breastfeed again
- We're going to do disposable diapers again. When pregnant with Trent, Kevin and I automatically went for the disposable diapers, no questions asked. Since then I've learned that clothe diapers are something we could have easily handled. Sometimes I wish I went with cloth diapers (usually when I'm buying a $40.99 pack of disposables) but I never cared enough to make the switch. Cloth diapers are expensive as well, but it's more of an up-front cost than anything else. They are approximately $18 each and it's recommended that you have a couple dozen on hand. The big pro to cloth diapers is that you can buy one-size-fits-all, so assuming you take good care of them, you won't have to ever purchase more - and you can use them on future kids. Kevin and I agree that had we used cloth diapers with Trent, we'd definitely use them on #2 - we didn't. so we won't.
2 comments:
good list! I often wonder what type of things I might do differently. for example I recently told Ryan I'm half tempted to sell the swing, travel system stroller and some other "large/clunky" items as we used them so rarely to this point I don't see the purpose of holding on to them. But things could be so different the next timea round.
I too did this list in my head of what I would do differently.
I wanted to switch bottles, but realized is was much more practical to just buy new nipples for the old bottles. And hopefully I will be successful at breastfeeding and won't need to use them too often.
I too plan on "wearing" Brooklyn. I had one of those slings made and I am hoping it will work out for us. Taking care of 2 is going to be much more of a "job" and "wearing" one will make it so much easier.
And I am terrible too. I only brush once a day. LOL Who cares right?
Rick has stayed home for all my visits to watch Braxton. He only came to my ultrasound to find out what we were having. I don't really regret it because everything has been good. But of course in a perfect world I would love to have had him there with me through it all.
I think it is great your going back to St Francis. I have heard so many horror stories at Christiana. They are understaffed and usually packed! I was lucky and had an okay stay. I hope this time around is the same or better. My friends have not been so fortunate. So go for it. If I had the choice I would give it a try myself.
So good luck!! I look forward to following your pregnancy!
Post a Comment