I think it's almost time to bite the bullet and do #10.
Several months ago Kevin and I spoke with Laura Novak (the photographer). Turned out, she needed some electrical work done and Kevin (I) really wanted/s her to photograph Trent. We decided to barter one service for the other. Kevin did the electrical work she wanted done and gave her a price. That is how much "credit" I have with her studio. The tough part for me has been (and still is) deciding WHEN to get the picture taken. Should I get them done right away (he was 7-ish months at the time)? Wait til he is 1 year? Wait until I'm far along in my pregnancy and get maternity photos in addition to Trent photos? hmmmm.
Well, I think I'm going to set something up for October. I figure it's close enough to his 1st birthday that I can maybe pass them off as his birthday pictures. I might even get a couple shots of him in his Halloween costume, just for fun.
The bad part is that she is so expensive that I won't be able to purchase a ton of picture to share with everyone. I'll probably only purchase a couple 8x10's for myself. I will be able to direct you all to her site so you can see the pictures, but I won't be able to buy everyone a wallet size (or larger) portrait like I normally would (via Sears, etc.). You may be able to purchase photos directly from her website, but of course do not feel obligated!!! When I say she's expensive, I'm not exaggerating.
I'll keep you all updated on what we decide.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Whoa! You weren't joking she is expensive! I hope Kevin inflated the expense of the electrical work, cause she sure does inflate on the cost of the pictures. Looks like she is really good though.
Post a Comment