Anonymous asks: What was the scariest thing for you during your pregnancy? and what helped you get over that fear?
Answer: When I first found out I was pregnant I was consumed by the fear of miscarriage. I knew that something like 20% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage and I knew some women personally who had recently had miscarriages. I was too scared to tell anyone we were pregnant for fear of having to later tell them I lost the baby. I spent probably 90% of my day worrying. How did I get over that fear? There is a baby-related chat board that I frequent. I went to that board and posted a thread about my fear. The responses I got were what made me relax and stop worrying so much. They made me realize that I had to enjoy my pregnancy and whatever was going to happen was going to happen. When I was about 8 week pregnant I got my first ultrasound and was able to see the baby's heartbeat - that was huge for me!
Luckily, I didn't have any real complications during my pregnancy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment