Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

like father like daughter

#26 from my 101 list: do something mechanical to my car by myself

On Sunday I took the front brakes off my car. The Owner's Manual and Kevin helped guide me through the process, but I did all the physical work alone. I jacked the car up, took the tires off, took the calipers off, and took the breaks off. Sounds simple but it took for.ev.er. I was going to take the rotors off myself as well, but I wasn't able to. I tried like heck(!!!) but instead of loosening the screw all I was doing was stripping it. *If you've ever stripped a screw you know what a pain in the butt it becomes.* So, before I made the screw any worse I turned the tools over to Kevin and let him take over.

2 comments:

Aunt Karen said...

You Rock!!! Looking awfully skinny in the picture dont loose to much weight

Anonymous said...

I thought by "mechanical" you meant like put the key in the ignition and turn on. Or like check the oil level or windshield washer fluid and maybe refill the fluids? Or like pump your own gas or change an interior lightbulb.
I didn't think you meant "EXTREME" mechanics!!! Good Job :) Next weekend we'll break out the stopwatch and time you. You'll be ready for the Daytona500 Pit Crew in no time We 'll start making appointments w/you for Buchanan Fleet Maintainence Program!!(j/k)
Love ya,
Aunt Dor