Trent has been doing alotta jibber-jabbering for some time now. I remember the first time he ever "talked". I had Trent on my lap and I was reading an article out loud. All of a sudden he just started talking over me. It was the most precious thing ever!!! His ramblings are pretty random but usually happen when he is playing or just sitting around. Once in a blue moon we hear him talking to himself in his crib. I wish I could bottle up that sound!! If you listen to babies "talk" it's like they are discovering the different letters of the alphabet. For a while Trent was doing thhhhh. and aaaaaaa. and babbabab. A few weeks ago (around and during the time we were in OBX) Trent started saying "dada". Often times it came out as "ahdada" or "dadadadada" but of course we all got a big kick out it. Does this mean Trent's first word was dada? Some people we told this story to said Definitely! Kevin feels that it won't really count until Trent looks him in the eyes and knowingly calls him Dada.
First word or not it was precious. Just knowing that someday that little guy will be saying people words, and soon enough we won't be able to shut him up, is exciting.
Speaking of baby talk - here's a video that was recently emailed to me. I think it's hilarious.
Super Baby, Intersting, Little Girl Telling What - Funny video clips are a click away
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment