Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

always a critic

**Dork Alert, Dork Alert**


Someone asked me if the 6th Harry Potter movie was any good. I can not give a clear cut yes or no answer. Let me explain: In my opinion, none of the Harry Potter movies are very good. You see, I read all the books and the books are fantastic! As with most book-to-movie scenarios, the book is always better! I think that's part of the reason I don't care for the HP movies; there is just so much detail and story left out of the movies. Characters are even left out. It's also my opinion that the kid actors couldn't act in the first HP movie, and they still can not act - 6 movies later.

With that being said, the one I saw at midnight the other night was the best of the 6 movies so far. As well as the darkest. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and it was totally worth going at midnight and only getting 3 hours sleep. I do not regret going one bit, and I'd do it all over again. I mean come on, it's Harry Potter!!

You don't have to be a fan of sci-fi or fantasy books to appreciate the talent it took to write these wonderful books. Unfortunately (well, its not really unfortunate) the books are so large that its impossible to cram the entire storyline into a 2.5 hour long movie.

The seventh (and final) movie is going to be a 2-part movie, which means it will hopefully contain more of the book. I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments: