Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

birthday party planning

work is slow today so i decided to start thiniknig about Trent's first birthday party. He's just over 7 months old right now so I have about 4 months until the invitiations need to be mailed (which means I have 3 months until I need to order the invitations myself). In case you didn't know - im a planner! Im the girl who starts packing for a trip a month before she departs. Im the girl who starts brainstorming halloween costume ideas a year in advance. You get the picture.....



There's so much to think about when planning a first bday


  • where. Trent is too young to enjoy/appreciate a birthday party at a fun center (or the like)....but his guests might not be. Since his birthday is in November I won't be able to plan for outdoor activities. He is familiar with, and comfortable in, his own home. Having a party outside the home = less cleaning (before and after).

  • who. I wouldn't want to offend anyone by keeping the party small. But 63 guests seems a bit excessive for a 1st birthday.

  • food.

  • theme. Im finding some cute ones online.

  • when.

I don't know all the answers just yet but I look forward to figuring it all out. I think once I decide on one piece of the puzzle the rest will fall into place ;-)


No comments: