On Saturday morning Kevin held the fork down while I went to the gym and got a good workout. Later, I was cleaning the kitchen when I heard Kevin talking to someone. At first I thought he was just talking to Trent but when I entered the living room I saw the UPS man walking away and Kevin holding a box from 1800flowers!! Trent (via Kevin) got me flowers for Mother's Day!!! Beautiful tulips
Now here we are on Mother's Day. Kevin let me sleep in this morning then he got me breakfast. He woke up a couple hours before me and got started on my mother's day present....our powder room. I don't know if any of you can recall what our bathroom looked like before, but it was covered in gaudy gold wallpaper and had an ugly vanity sink and a beige toilet. In all honesty, the wallpaper wasn't all that bad (good enough for us to leave it up for almost a year), just not our style. Well, a few weeks ago I started to remove the wallpaper and think about paint colors and design ideas. I was going to go with a nice bright green color but decided against it since I already have so much green paint upstairs (apparently I'm really into green right now). Eventually I decided (and Kevin agreed) that a dark grey paint with white accents would look nice. Last night we made an unexpected stop by Lowes and ended up getting paint, a new toilet, a new sink, and a cabinet for above the toilet. We also got 10% off our total which was a nice little bonus - cha ching!
Kevin hates to paint(!!!) so the fact that he painted the ceiling, walls, trim & door really says something. Basically everything in the room is now new except the light fixture - we liked it so much we decided to keep it....unfortunately though, when I was removing the wallpaper (weeks ago) I managed to break one of the globe thingys, so we have to buy new ones. Oh, and the floor is the same old peel-and-stick junk that's been in there. We plan to eventually put nice ceramic tiles in there but I think that's going to be a little project for me to attempt sometime in the future. Unfortunately I don't have any 'before' pictures but here is a 'after....so far'. He's not quite finished, but you get the idea. I'm very pleased! Come to think of it, my Mother's Day actually began last Friday. I got my very first Mother's Day card from Mrs. Woodland, along with a lovely rocking chair for our front porch. There's nothing better than sitting in a rocking chair on a covered porch on a nice day or evening!! (contrary to how it looks, I am not angry or confused - the sun is in my eyes)
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU MOMS OUT THERE
2 comments:
Happy First Mother's Day! It sounds like it was great... go Kevin! lol
I am very glad you had a wonderful first Mothers Day!
Post a Comment