Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

fruit

Well, we gave Trent fruit for the first time last night. I would have been fine giving him vegetables only for a little while longer, but the veggies he hasn't had yet aren't recommended for babies his age. Broccoli and cauliflower (among others) are known to give babies gas and can be harder to digest, so they recommend waiting until at least 8 months for those. Other vegetables, like corn, are high allergen foods, so the longer you wait the better. We decided to start Trent's journey to fruitsville with pears. Who doesn't love pear?!?! I wish I took pictures or video of Trent eating it because after each bite he would pucker his lips and make a sour face. It was much sweeter than he was used to...but he'd open his mouth wide for the next bite, so he must not have minded it!

I'll have to get the camera out tonight and post pictures/video soon!

The worst part about him eating any food is his poop. I'm used to this semi-runny, easy to clean, not-too-stinky poop. This morning I changed a very *different* (for lack of better word) diaper. I want to say it was a bad diaper, but I know better. I know it's going to get worse with time, so I wont say it was a bad diaper; I'll just say it was stinkier than before and, well.....the consistency has changed a little ::insert sad face here::

No comments: