Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

bdays, holidays, playdates

Friday
Good Friday is a paid holiday at my job so I had the day off with Trent. We started our day by going to the mall to return a few things and purchase a few things. Of course I managed to forget to stop in a few stores, but no biggie. We had an afternoon play date planned with some moms & babies so we reluctantly headed to the park around 1-ish. The sky was overcast and they were calling for showers but we went anyway. I (stupidly) parked far away from the playground (which is where we were meeting) but as the day went on we saw more and more blue in the sky and it didn't rain at all, so we got lucky! We all just walked around the park and ate our packed lunches and talked about our kids - it was a very fun time.
















Saturday
Talk about procrastinating - on Saturday we went shopping for things to put in Trent's Easter basket. Shopping for him was easy and hard. We settled on a few outfits, a baseball cap and a floaty thing to be used in pools this summer. Saturday night we had Ryan and Alicia over for dinner and games. A big favorite with us is Mexican Train Dominoes. We used to sit around a table drinking and playing for hours - until we were too drunk to play any longer. This time was different. This time there was very little drinking going on so we just played until we were tired, at which point a very-pregnant Alicia and slightly tipsy Ryan went home.


Easter Sunday
Sunday morning we were in a rush and running late (shocker). We showed Trent his Easter basket real quick then headed to Bob Evans to have breakfast with majority of my immediate family. Trent started to throw a fit at the end of breakfast but luckily we were all done eating so we just got up and left. Everyone then drove to my parents house because my mom made us all Easter baskets. She made one big basket for Kevin, Trent and myself filled with candy, bubbles and summer baby clothes. It was around noon when we left their house and went home for a few hours of relaxation. Kev's parents arrived at our house around 2:30 or so to hang out and watch Trent while Kevin and I went to the flyers game. Even though the Flyers lost I still had a really good time. It's surprising to me just how much I enjoy watching a live hockey game! Traffic was pretty bad going home on 95 but we eventually made it! We were both pretty tired by this point (Trent didn't sleep well the night before) so we pretty much bee-lined it to bed.



look ma, size 9







March 15th
I just got some good picture from my birthday last month






going green
We started recycling at our house on Saturday night. It's about time. I really can't believe it took us this long! I've been recycling at work for years, and I already reuse and reduce here and there....I just always refused to pay for the service where they come to your house and pick up the recyclables. That excuse just isn't good enough anymore! While I still refuse to pay for the service, now we're going to make a conscious effort as a family to recycle whenever possibly and when we have a couple full bags, we'll get off our lazy butts and take them to our recycling center. I'm excited about it (I'm easily amused).

3 comments:

Lorraine Renee' said...

All the pics and updates are awesome. I love the playdate picture. Very cool. I never did that with Braxton and I wish I did. It would be nice for him to have some friends. The Easter pic are so cute! He is getting so big! Time sure does fly!

michelle frieze said...

I love the picture of you and Trent at the top... it looks like you guys are models for something! =) It could be in a magazine!

Alicia Kennedy said...

Lots of updates! So many cute pictures of the little guy - glad to see you seem to be getting a few of you and Trent!