Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2009

absolutely beyond rediculous

rant - not baby-related!

I get several chain emails (to me a chain email is anything that people forward to others...usually a joke funny photos) everyday from several different people in my life. 95% of the time I love them. They are usually very comical or cute, and occasionally i get an informative email telling me the 43 uses for WD-40. I'd say I forward these emails to my friends 80% of the time myself. I am by no means complaining about these chain emails. If you send them to me, please do not stop!

HOWEVER

If you send me emails telling me that I, or someone i love, will die in 3 days if I do not forward the email to 5 people in the next 7.25 minutes PLEASE STOP. If this is you, you should not be allowed access to a computer or any wireless electronic device ever again. You should be forced to wear a sign that says "I forward threatening chain emails to those i love" so people who feel as I do can throw things at you. If you are going to send these emails AT LEAST delete the stupid life or death portion - that's what i do. I just got a power-point email from someone (i will not say who). Here are some of the things this email said prior to getting to the poem (the poem being the meat of the email)




Who makes this stuff up?? Does anyone believe this REALLY happened? IF, and that's a big if, someone really did die after opting to spare their friends and family from such a stupid email, it was probably a coincidence!!!??? I mean come on....homegirl sent the email to 4 of her friends but still died because she didn't have a 5th friend. Should she have made up a dummy yahoo account just so she'd have that 5th "person"? would she have survived?

I try to be a fairly low-key, relaxed kinda gal. I try not to let stupid things get to me (i really really try), but I couldn't even get to the poem in this email - i was too riled up to continue reading. How am I supposed to feel when i don't obey the rules? Should I worry that someone i love might die because of me? I guess this is just one of my pet peeves and since work is slow I decided to share.

Rant over.

(as always - I am not trying to offend anyone)

1 comment:

Michelle Frieze said...

I agree! I hate those.... they are a waste of time, and whoever makes them up is a waste of space!