Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

my first day back

My first day back to work didn't go so well. It was actually a disaster. I was totally fine until I gave Trent a kiss goodbye - that's when I started to lose it. I managed to keep it together until I was in my car on my way to work, then I completely lost it. I got to work and just couldn't keep it together. I ended up in the bathroom at work for about an hour and a half before deciding to just go home. I did, however, decide to leave Trent at daycare for the day. I hope that being home today with him will help with the transition into being a working mom. At least at home I can cry all I want. Kevin is going to take Trent to daycare tomorrow for me so that I wont have to hand Trent over to a stranger and kiss him goodbye again so soon. The fact that this is a short week also helps.

I really didn't think I would have this kind of reaction to taking Trent to daycare, but what can ya do?!?! I guess I just need time to adjust.

In other news, a couple weeks ago we took Maggie to the vet for her annual visit and to get more allergy medicine for her. While there the vet discovered a Mast Cell Tumor on her back leg. She said it was crucial we get the tumor removed ASAP and have it biopsied to find out if the tumor is stage 1, 2 or 3. We took her in last Monday for the surgery and everything went smoothly - Doc said the tumor came right off and Maggie did very well, but that we wouldn't know the results of the biopsy until next (this) week. In the mean time Maggie has been taking pain meds, antibiotics, anti inflammatory pills, and wearing that stupid satellite dish collar. Well, I got the call this morning that the tumor was a stage 1! Anything above that would have required further action (chemo, etc) but as it stands right now we don't have to do anything except keep our eye out for other tumors that may develop in the future. PHEW, what a relief!! I was so worried for her

3 comments:

Alicia Kennedy said...

I’m so glad to hear everything OK with Maggie!

The picture of the two of them is ADORABLE

Anonymous said...

That picture is so cute! It's hard to leave your kid! We used to say at the daycares that it was harder on the parents then the kids... but really it is, kids get over it in 2 minutes!!! But I hope everything goes better tomorrow!

Lorraine Renee' said...

First of all that picture is precious!!! I am glad to hear Maggie is well.

As far as your daycare/work experience I KNOW it is tough. I did it for 2 weeks and it killed me. You will be fine. And when he starts bringing you home little things he made for you, you will be so happy! Plus he will be learning and developing a lot quicker than babies that stay at home. Hang in there sweetie!