I think everyone is trying to save a few bucks these days, myself included. A few months ago I was watching "17 Kids and Counting" and heard the mom mention that they make their own laundry detergent and that the recipe is on their website. After a few months of thinking about it I finally decided to go ahead and give it a try. I only had to buy 3 ingredients and the whole process took about 10 minutes, tops. One batch makes 10 gallons for only about $2. My friend, Alicia - who is also all about saving money - came over and made it with me. We decided to go halfers since 10 gallons is so much!! I plan to continue using Tide for Trent's clothes since he has sensitive skin and I don't want to risk giving him a rash or anything with this homemade stuff, but we'll definitely be saving money in the long run.
I used the detergent last night for the first time and our washer didn't overflow with suds or anything, so that's a good sign. When I put the clothes in the dryer I didn't think to smell them to make sure they at least smelled clean, but I have a cold anyway so I wouldn't have smelled much regardless. The true test will come when I wash a load of Kevin's dirty work clothes.
If anyone is interested in making their own detergent, here is the website:
http://www.duggarfamily.com/recipes.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's awesome! Thanks!
Post a Comment