2005: The year of the fairy and the Breathalyzer a disappointing year costume-wise. unoriginal and store bought. I can only hope to be this skinny again someday. Kevin's costume was even more disappointing than mine. Of course we had an amazing time regardless!!
2006: The year of the flapper & hulk another store-bought costume for me, but this year i went all out with the accessories. I had everything from the cigarette holder to the wig to the fish net stockings! Kevin really stepped up his game and impressed everyone with his awesome Hulk costume. If there was a contest I'm sure he would have won (or maybe I'm just biased?). He too went all out with the accessories - hulk hands, big green feet - and to prove how dedicated he was to this hulk costume he even dyed his hair black! We may have left the dye on his hair a little too long because it fell out for a week but no major damage was done.
2007: the year of Marge & Luigi finally I stepped up my game and had a pretty cool costume. It took a lot of time and effort to make but it was totally worth it. Kevin also had an impressive costume. Again, we both tried to go all out with the appropriate accessories. This was the first year Alicia decided to have a costume contest and i actually won "best costume" (yes, I'm bragging). I won a martini glass and a very nice bottle of belvedere vodka (which i later drank with Alicia over a game of domino's and several cosmopolitans!). I must also say that Kevin and I combined won "best costume" at a different party that same year (yes i know how vain i sound right now but i don't care, our costumes were awesome).


With us not being positive we'll even be at the party this year (i could be in labor or just too uncomfortable to leave the house) we decided to go semi-cheap & easy this year. We haven't started either costume but I'm sure we'll do some shopping this weekend and be done the costumes by Sunday. I personally believe Kevin's costume is going to be hilarious - and mine will hopefully turn out "cute". We'll see. I might have to hit the fabric store and make mine from scratch so it could be a total disaster. All I know is that as of right now I totally plan to attend the party and am really excited for it. Ill be sure to post pictures later.
I probably should mention that my pregnant belly is a key part of my costume ~ that's what makes this blog baby-related!


3 comments:
I think there's a part of me that will miss the 50 Morris part of the party... hmmm.
Can't wait to see what you two come up with!
things were definitely very intimate and personal at 50 morris. good times!
there is nothing like an intimate ryan/alicia new castle party when barbie is there, egging people on to involve themselves in uncomfortable, sexual confessions. i truly love you barbie. meghan
Post a Comment