Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Full Moon

There have been studies that show a connection between the lunar cycle and the times when babies are born. I myself have heard Labor & Delivery nurses say, "the full moon last night would explain why we were so busy in here". Well, tonight is a going to be a full moon. Now I know i still have 3.5 weeks until my due date, and honestly I would rather deliver much closer to my due date, but there's a tiny part of me that cant help but wonder if the full moon will effect me at all. Stranger things have happened. One thing's for sure, i will be taking a very long moonlight walk on November 13th if I havent delivered by then (thats the date of the next full moon).

In other news
Last night Kevin and I attended a mandatory baptism class at our church. The classes lasted about an hour and went alright. Kevin didnt feel as awkward as he thought he would. I, on the other hand, was more uncomfortable than i expected to be. We watched a short video from the '80's and then did a good bit of 'group discussion' (the awkward part). We all had to answer several questions and explain why we feel the way we do, etc. Kevin is much more dedicated and confident in his religious beliefs than I am so the class was easier for him. I admire him for that!

This evening we have a routine dr appt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought the full moon school of thought would send me into labor also--no luck! i do think the drop in barometric pressure is true. the day i went into labor with brendan, it was hot and we got this wacky wind storm in the middle of the day and the temps. got really chilly really fast. later that night--he was born. maybe a coincidence?! maybe not?! i think they come when they are good and ready. first baby's are usually late!

Anonymous said...

I'll take that long walk with you on Nov.13th (if you are still around??) That's the first thing I looked for on the Nov. calendar when I selected my guess due date for your Baby Pool !! I firmly believe it has everything to do with ALL births, especially childbirth. Take it from the mother of six(6) kids !!!! aka...The Old Woman Who Lived In A Shoe :)