The plan is for me to work right up until i go into labor - even if that means im working past my due date. I got my bosses to agree to give me 4 months maternity leave and I would like to spend all 4 of those months with my child. Any time I take off before the baby is born will cut into my 4 months with Baby. Ideally my pregnancy will go smoothly all the way until the end, I'll give birth right around my due date, then I will return to work sometime in the beginning of March. Of course we have no choice but to play it by ear. Anything could happen. Whenever my four months are up I will return to work and Baby will go to daycare fulltime.
We already interviewed 2 daycare centers: one being the well-known KinderCare Learning Center and the other being an established local center. KinderCare did not impress us and we felt it was over-priced. The other center had its pros (was a little cheaper, cleaner, nicer staff, better perks) and cons (less convenient, still expensive) but overall we really liked it and will seriously consider enrolling our child there.
Tomorrow evening we are interviewing a home daycare that comes highly recommended to us. I know 4 parents who send their children there and love it. Several months ago I called her and at the time she had no openings for us so I gave her my name and number to put on her waiting list. Early this week we get the call! She will have an opening in March.
After tomorrows interview Kevin and I will have a lot to discuss.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment