Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

baby doctor

i feel so productive! There have been a few things Kevin and I have been putting on the back-burning, figuring "oh we have plenty of time"...but now we're realizing just how close our due date actually is so we've started getting our butts in gear! I went this morning to meet with a local pediatricians office and loved it. I sat and interviewed with the Clinical Supervisor for about 45 minutes. She gave me a rundown of how the practice operates, a description of each of the doctors, a brief history of the practice, and then she gave us a tour of the office. Overall I am very happy with the way things went.
  1. They are established (been around for 50+ years)
  2. close to home
  3. good hours
  4. weekend and holiday hours
  5. lactation consultant on hand
  6. separate waiting areas for sick kids and well kids
  7. 6 Dr's for me to get to know and choose from
  8. come to find out I know 2 of the nurses who work there
  9. etc, etc, etc

I definitely would have no problem taking my child(ren) to this practice but I'm going to keep my options open for now and meet with another practice next month. I'll then compare the two and make a final decision.

~ thank you Megan for recommending this Dr office to me!

The other big tasks we have left to tackle are:

  1. choose a daycare (we're in the decision making process right now)
  2. get car seat bases installed and inspected
  3. get short-term disability paperwork filled out and submitted
  4. pack hospital bag

in reality those 4 things don't have to be done until closer to the due date - but you know me....

No comments: